Saturday, November 2, 2013

Gnocchi heaven!

Spent about 3 hours making gnocchi with Caro. It was quite the adventure.



Here is the recipe we used
http://www.ricardocuisine.com/recipes/4537-squash-gnocchi-with-a-creamy-herb-sauce-


So freakin good, you can't really taste the butternut squash, but it's still heavenly.
We timed this recipe by 4. Before boiling you can freeze the gnocchi individually on pans or plates (for 1-2hrs) and then transfer them into plastic freezer bags. I have 3 bags of them in my freezer, can't wait to dig in.

Update:
Ok so i just unfroze some gnocchis and didn't have all the ingredients from the other sauce so invented my own with what I had. I put in one cut onion, about 5 slices of bacon sliced up, some garlic, a bit of red wine, fresh rosemary and fresh thyme (from my indoor garden :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment